Solved

RestAPI for eInvoice Attachments

• 11 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

In Apps10 and previous version I am able to import base64 decoded attachments with IFS Connect/SOAP together with the eInvoice XML by usage of tag “Attachments”.

In IFS Cloud I recognized there is a Rest service ReceiveEinvoiceService in order to import eInvoices via REST. Basically it works fine, I am able to create the invoices via Postman. But, how can I import documents together with the eInvoice?

The Rest API documentation says:

If Invoice Image/Attachments are added (which is optional) to the message, ReceiveEinvoiceStructure, then the message needs to be
processed in several steps in the follwing way:
1. Call the Action ReceiveEinvoice with a parameter of type ReceiveEinvoiceStructure. A response is returned with an Identifier of
the message (MessageId) and URLs (placeholders) to be able to upload Invoice Image and Invoice Attachments.
2. Upload (stream) the Invoice Image and other Attachments using the URLs returned by the respons from Action ReceiveEinvoice in step 1.
3. Call the Action ProcessEinvoice to process the Message, once upload of Invoice Image and Attachments are completed.

When I call the action ReceiveEinvoice it will create always the invoice immediately. Can someone give me a description how I can test the document import via eInvoice interface?

Best Regards

Stefan

icon

Best answer by NadeekaW 14 August 2023, 09:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I have no input in how to test that Rest API but I just want to inform that you still can send in the eInvoice XML to the SOAP gateway and there we have a STD PLSQL method to handle the XML.

This example routing rule is handling that scenario:

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@Tomas Ruderfelt Yes, I am aware of that. But I want to do via REST and not SOAP.

Badge

Hi,

Before calling the 2nd step you mentioned above, you have to make a GET call and get the ETag of the record you have to modify. Use the Message ID you received in the 1st Step.

Then copy the ETag in the Response header.

Use it in the 2nd step.

Then execute the 3rd step to ProcessEinvoice.

Let me know if you run into further problems.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@NadeekaW Hi,

yes, I got it working in the meantime by myself. It works exactly as you describe.