Question

Report Rule Apps9 help required

• 9 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I have the below report rule set up in my live system for invoice prints. To ensure that it was working we printed a works copy first and this picked up the report in the rule rather than the default print. However when we printed the actual invoice it picked up the default print. Can anyone advise why? Is it anything to do with the No Multi being ticked?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @sholmes ,

1.0 Please mention whether you print the invoice as a batch job or just do RMB on the invoice and print ?

2.0 If you are doing RMB on invoice and do printing then I suggest you check the behavior in Batch print collective invoice too ? 

3.0 Furthermore mentioned the UPD version you are in ?

4.0 How do you check the printer ? Is it by opening the print dialog box or is it by checking the print jobs ?

Best Regards/

Dumeesha

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello Dumeesha,

1. RMB to print, we single print our invoices due to other procedures we do
  2. We don’t batch print at all, so can’t check this in our live system (worked in our test system and I can’t see a difference)
  3. We are on update 17
  4. Unsure what you are asking by check the printer, the print isn’t failing it has selected the default report rather than following the report rule
Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Comparing our test (green) to live (purple) the test system picks up the report layout from the rule every time, where as in our live system it has used the layout correctly to the report rule first time when generated, then picked up the default layout every time for reprints from the report archive.

rules to me appear to be identical in set up, both live and test are on the same update

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @sholmes ,

In technical perspective here is my answer.

Related to picking up the printer id.

Customer_Order_Inv_Head_API.Print_Invoices is called in the background job when you print the invoice from RMB print invoice in window - “Print customer Invoices”. Then again “Customer_Order_Flow_API.Create_Print_Jobs” is called and I noted that there is a logic to get the default printer defined in the Priter Definition window.

I have no idea whether  this is bug or not. You can report a case to GSD to further analyze this.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks @Dumeesha Wanigarathna 

On the report rule action I have changed the Action Type from Preselected Property to Set Property and on the reprinting it seems to be working. Can anyone explain why this might be as this change wasn’t needed in the test system.