Remaining Life of Fixed Assets

• 10 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 25 replies

Hi IFS Super community.

How do we find the remaining life of Fixed Assets. Is there a report to pull which give this data.

Thanks, in advance

Su

icon

Best answer by Samuel Jokinen 11 August 2023, 09:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello,

Here is a thread where the FA remaining life has been discussed: Fixed Asset Report with Remaining Life | IFS Community. With the solution described in the thread you are able to view the valid from and to dates but it doesn’t show the exact remaining life. I am not aware that there is standard report to pull that exact information. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I checked the screens and reports and was unable to find an existing screen / report that will show remaining life. 

I agree it would be good to have this on a screen / report. If you create a request, I’ll add comments and like / try to get others to like as well. 

It can be calculated. In IFS views we include the “Thru_Date” concept where depreciation has been calculated up to a given date (thru_date).   With that, the acquisition date, and the life of the asset, we can calculate the remaining life.     We would need to consider how the data would look in the tables when an asset is on hold. 

I’m thinking a quick report requested by IT.    

Sorry, 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

Here is a thread where the FA remaining life has been discussed: Fixed Asset Report with Remaining Life | IFS Community. With the solution described in the thread you are able to view the valid from and to dates but it doesn’t show the exact remaining life. I am not aware that there is standard report to pull that exact information. 

Thanks, I saw that, but it didn’t give a specific answer. Seems there’s no straightforward option.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi, 

I checked the screens and reports and was unable to find an existing screen / report that will show remaining life. 

I agree it would be good to have this on a screen / report. If you create a request, I’ll add comments and like / try to get others to like as well. 

It can be calculated. In IFS views we include the “Thru_Date” concept where depreciation has been calculated up to a given date (thru_date).   With that, the acquisition date, and the life of the asset, we can calculate the remaining life.     We would need to consider how the data would look in the tables when an asset is on hold. 

I’m thinking a quick report requested by IT.    

Sorry, 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Thanks. So if we use the “Thru date” to a future date perhaps tweak it. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Can we get the set life time given in the image for assets in a report?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I tested around with query designer and the user set life time in ‘EstimatedLife’ is connectable with the object in a report. I think you would be able to include the ‘ThruDate’ also in the report. This would have to be a quick report of sorts in order to get the wanted results. I have attached a picture below to show an example how the connection would look like. You can see the results under Selected Attributes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

I tested around with query designer and the user set life time in ‘EstimatedLife’ is connectable with the object in a report. This would have to be a quick report of sorts in order to get the wanted results. I have attached a picture below to show an example how the connection would look like. You can see the results under Selected Attributes.

Hi Samuel, This looks like a good solution. Legend!

I went into my IFS Qery Designer but none of the Attributes comes up. Not sure why. I’ve searched by Object as per image.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

Please see the entities in my query as they were the once giving the attributes in my image. Most of the entities for Fixed assets can be found by querying ‘’Fa%’’ for fixed assets, ‘’Dep%’’ for depreciations, and %book% to find relative entities to FA books. Also you can check the relative entities by navigating to a page and checking the entities from debug console. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Thanks Samuel. I had a try and it comes up. But will need to get more familiar with the Query design.