Question

Received - Not Yet Invoiced Source of Cost

• 29 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

I’m looking at the Received - Not Yet Invoiced report for multiple sites, with the current date as the To Date and the Part Type equal to Inventory Part.

Can anyone tell me what would cause the Cost and Value columns to be sourced from the part’s estimated material cost for POs that were created up to a certain date and then to be sourced from the PO buy unit price after that date?  I’m working in a customer’s development instance and would like to understand what caused the change.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

More than likely the inventory valuation method may have changed midway through receiving these parts, and therefore, the cost is taken from a different place (estimated cost versus PO price).

Alternatively, the cost part rollup may not have been executed, but this will depend on how the part cost is made up - do you have specific details of a part that you can review the above mentioned settings?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Nick - I found a particular part that is a good test.  I have receipts for the part before and after the date where the RNYI sourcing appears to change.  

Inventory Valuation Method is currently “Standard Cost”

Inventory Value/Unit Cost is currently $0.50

Part Cost/Total Cost is currently $0.00 for all cost sets

There are 7 received not yet invoiced receipts on the report

The RNYI report uses the  $0.50 for the first receipts, after that it uses the various buy unit prices on the POs.

In the Inventory Transaction History/Accounting tab, there are PRICEDIFF- (Price Difference - Lower Price) and PRICEDIFF+ (Price Difference - Higher Price) for each receipt where the PO buy unit price differs from the Inventory Value/Unit Cost.   Posting Types for those are M10 (Receipt with Purchase Order) and M20 (Price diff Purch, Lower[or Higher] Price).

For the record, I was able to get over my immediate need by incorporating the above accounting transactions into my report code - didn’t mention it, but that’s what I was trying to do, write a report.

So all that is left is my curiosity to understand why the change happened.