Question

Purchase Invoices in Closed Period

• 3 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

HI,

I think I know the answer to this one - but I’ve been asked to ask!

We made a little error when setting up user groups in voucher series per voucher type and this meant that for the last 2 months (and now going forward) for one of our companies none of the no-part purchase invoices were being transferred to the G/L!

We are using the ‘Transfer Purchase Transactions’ background job. This seems to work on an all or nothing mentality. So once we added the user group it did not transfer for the current Open Period!

Two Periods are closed and can not be re-opened (I know this will fix it)

The only other solution we can think of is to ‘Modify Transaction Date’ on the Purchase Transaction - but most of these PO’s have Invoices matched, so we would need to cancel these. This is a vast exercise. 

Does anyone know of a Third-Way?

We are on Apps9 - I’d be interested to know if the functionality is different in APPS10 / Cloud.

Thanks as always,

Matt

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

In our environment we have created customization to push all not transferred transactions to a next open period. It is complemented with manual accrual process (if finally posted invoice is matched with receipt not transferred to GL, we have missing accounting impact in PnL), but we are not using inventory module at all…

There is no easy solution - in case of returns and scraps system does not know if invoice is matched with receipt or return and which date to consider, so it is blocking all changes. 

In my previous projects, I used to close AP module before procurement (to be able to transfer all outstanding purchase transactions knowing that no new AP invoice will be booked in period in closing stage), trying to control backdated receipts (custom event raising error when date applied on transaction was earlier than current by more than day or two) and in case of not transferred transactions (exception in case of posting errors) - opening the period and neutralizing accounting impact of new vouchers with manual entries (reversed next period).

I hope it helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi Matt,

the most straight forward way to solve this is to open the period, transfer the voucher(s) as you already thought it would be. Aggregate and summarize the amounts from the vouchers being created in the closed periods by codeparts and eg qty. Create a manual voucher in the “closed” period invert the amounts to offset the amounts in the closed period (so from a balance and account perspective nothing really changes). Copy the manual voucher from the GL as a correction voucher in the manual voucher entry in the period where you would like to have the impact.

Note: This can be getting more complicated as has additional impact if these transactions that are not transferred yet are linked to IFS Fixed Assets and/or IFS Project module. Also if you are working with deviating year end (e.g. August-July) and one of the closed periods is a period in the previous year you need to think about the solution again.

Subnote: If the M91/M92 Postings are not needed from a financial point of view you can switch them of here.

Regards

Ralph