Question

Purchase authorization basic data

• 14 October 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a couple of questions on the Authorization Routing Templates within Purchase Authorization Basic Data.

1. Under Authorization Routing Templates there is an option to specify the step number.  Where I have two individuals listed and I make them both step 10, does this mean that it only requires one of these individuals to authorise the PO, or does this mean it still needs two of them but they can do it in any order?
    1. our current setup is that we generally have only one authorizer listed in this section (as step 10) for lower value POs when only one authorizer is required, but we have two authorizers listed on higher value POs where two authorizers are required and at the moment these two authorizers are listed as step 10 and step 20 so need to authorize in that specific order.  I’m trying to understand whether changing both authorizers to a step 10 on a higher value PO means that they are both still required to authorize the PO, or whether this then means only one of them need to authorize the PO
  2. What is the best way to facilitate multiple people having the ability to authorize one PO?  For example I have one department where there are 3 different users who could authorize a PO (and these users are all interchangeable).  Is the best way to handle this just to set up an Authorization Group or is there another way to deal with this?  

Thanks,

Steven

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

The step sequences will determine whether the authorisation is one after the other, or the order is interchangeable. All steps have to be completed.

The best way to assign a PO authoriser from a group of users would be to use groups, or to use HR positions.