Question

PROJREC BUSINESS EVENT

• 1 February 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

I have a question about the PROJREC business event, is it possible to know when this business event is trigerred ?

Best regards

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Abdessamad,

The PROJREC business event is used when unissuing material (returning back to stock) on a project activity, i.e. the opposite of PROJISS.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Thank you @Johan Lagerström,

What is the flow that is linked to it in the project ? What is the action that I would do in my project in order to trigger this business event ?

Best regards

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Abdessamad,

Open the ‘Activity Materials and Services’ page and go to the Misc. Parts tab. Search for an activity where you have previously issued material, highlight the material line and select the Unissue To Inventory command.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello @Johan Lagerström 

Thank you for your response, so in this case, I will have an inventory movement from the projet inventory to the standard inventory.

Am I understanding the process correctly ?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Abdessamad,

No, not quite. This is for parts that have previously been issued from standard/project inventory with the intention to be consumed when carrying out the project activity. The PROJREC event is used when not all material is fully consumed as planned and is returned to standard/project inventory.

Kind regards,
Johan

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Okay now it’s clear for me,

But we still face a problem in our context. We want to have the ability to retrieve the preposting values at the reception of inventory parts, something we cannot do with the M10 posting.

Is there any other way to face this issue ?

Best regards.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

The M10 posting is used to post a liability to your supplier for delivered goods. In the Core product, the M10 posting type does not support preposting of the project values.

What is the reason you wish to use the preposting values in this process? Do you track supplier liability by project?