Question

Project Activity Finish date being updated

• 1 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

On some of the Projects in our IFS 10 the Project Activity Finish date is getting changed automatically.

If the date is changed to a date later than the one that was there before, it changes it back to the date that was there before. It only happens on one or two projects, It is not a custom event or a background job that is doing it because I checked. It doesn’t happen instantaneously after the finish date is changed to a later date, it occurs some time after. Maybe triggered by somebody else editing the activity. See attached image. Can anyone help? Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

After the finish date is changed -- is someone then changing the work days back?  

The Early Start, Early Finish, and Total Work Days values are strictly connected. If two values are given the third one will be calculated based on these two, together with the working periods in the project’s Calendar and the Hours per Work Day value.

So.. if you enter a early start and early finish the total work days will be automatically calculated -- if you then change the early finish days -- the total work days will be recalculated -- if you then change the work days -- the early finish date will be recalculated.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Have you looked at the history?   

Long ago, I had a client - “IFS is Automatically” changing my data. We turned on history tracking and found that the person who reported the data change was the person actually making the change.  Not suggesting this is the case with your example, but history can help tracking these types of changes. 

Suggestion is - see the history, and if no history then consider turning on history tracking. Make sure to monitor this as turning on history (for certain attributes) can eat up table space.  Consider talking with IT regarding the history tracking. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thank you for the replies. I don’t know if History Tracking is turned on. If it is not, it may not be within my remit to have it turned on. For the time being I have put custom events on the “Work days” and “Early Finish” fields so that if they are modified I will be informed about it immediately by email and can see who was logged in to IFS at the time.

I will see what comes of that.