Question

Process to post rejected supplier payment

• 18 November 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi all,

I have created a batch of suppliers payments with transaction supplier payment proposal and payment order.

The batch has been sent to the bank and I have received the bank statement with the payment of all suppliers included in the payment order.

3 days later, one supplier rejected the payment, and the bank send me back the money for the rejected payment.

How can I post the rejected payment in the new mixed payment ?

How can I canceled only one line of the payment order to put the supplier invoice available for a new payment ?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

1. What is the payment method used for this?
  2. Has the payments created from the payment order.- If answer is ‘NO’  you can find the order number in the supplier payment order window, it means the payments are not yet created in the application. That means you can cancel the relevant payment items individually.

1. However, if the payments are created, you can go to the Supplier  Payment Rollback window and do the partial rollback option.

In the next window you can select the relevant items you need to rollback. 

This will update the given invoices as Posted Auth and also it will create a parked payment.

This parked payment can be used in the Mixed Payment window as a payment from supplier to te relevant bank.  

Hope this helps.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Shehan,

Thanks for your answer.

The payment method used is a transfer / Wire payment which generated a xml file to the bank.

The payment order is no more available as it has been already record in the mixed payment.

Is it still possible to run a partial rollback on a payment, even if the full payment order has been matched in the bank statement / mixed payment ?

Please note that in day 1 - the full supplier payment has been paid by the bank and so we should keep the full posting of supplier payment order in the bank statement of day 1

but the rejection is appearing 3 days after - so we have to post a new line in the mixed payment to show the reimbursment of the supplier payment send by the bank later.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

If it is a Mixed payment , still you can use the RMB option and do the cancel matching.

This will get the selected invoice back to PostedAuth status.

As a result of cancellation it will create a Parked payment also (PP9) 

This can be entered in the mixed payment window as a payment receipt and match against the Parked Payment create in the previous step.

You can test this in a test environment prior doing it in PROD. Hope this would help.

Shehan Almeida. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Shehan

I tested your solution :

when the payment order is booked in a mixed payment, and the mixed payment is approved and posted, then the “rollback partial payment” is no more available in the transaction supplier payment rollback :

what other solution is available ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Audrey,

As per my previous comment, did you try cancel matching in mixed payment. Please see the screen print attached in my previous comment.  

Shehan Almeida.