Solved

Problem on Supplier Invoice

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 548 replies

Community,

Wondering how to resolve this issue.

attached the screenshot on a PO, 2 Receipt Match supplier invoices are completed, but if you noticed the second supplier invoice PO 10115661 DEPOSIT CLEARING 2, it is invoiced $14850, but the window Invoiced Purchase Order window shows really matched $32175, now we still have a remaining invoice, and seems like we don’t have amount to match.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 6 July 2022, 16:12

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello,

it seems both invoices are matched with same PO line.
one for qty 0.35 and value 17325, the other for qty 0,3 and value 14850. 
This gives in total invoiced value 32175 indeed. I cannot see what is wrong - can you share PO line amount, quantity and receipt details? 
If qty on the PO line is 1 and price 49500, perhaps remaining quantity 0,35 with value 17325 is not received yet?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Thank you for your input.

I attached screenshot for PO and Receipt info. it is a no-part PO, quantity 1, total amount on PO is $49500, the second match only matched $14850, so it should be 0.35 (1-0.35-0.3) in Qty remaining for matching. 

i believe it could be the user not change the quantity(0.65 to 0.3)  and simply check the box for the remaining to match the invoice for $14850 which is only qty 0.3 should be matched.

Wondering how to correct this error. shall we use change price (RMB option in Purchase menu in Posting Proposal window)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OK, I can see quantity 1 has been received. 
In the two screenshots of invoices I can see quantities 0.35 and 0.3 matched only, which means that remaining o.35 should be available for matching - or matched with something else. 

Please check receipt details, In purchase order receipt window you can see what is quantity invoiced, inspected, returned or scrapped (available for matching is quantity arrived minus invoiced minus scrapped for credit minus returned - both for credit and rework), and check Query - invoiced purchase order window to see what invoices have been matched to this receipt. 

This missing 0.35 must be seen somewhere there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Thank you for your input again.

attached Receipt History detail for PO 10115661, the receipt is quite clean, simply one receipt, accepted, no return, scrap….

I think the problem is at invoice matching, the matching is done against 0.65 instead of 0.3. user should change the quantity from 0.65 to 0.3 when doing the second invoice matching.

wondering how to fix this issue? or we have to just invoice without matching, as there is not room for the matching now.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

No, I suspect third invoice exists matched for this 0.35 quantity. 
In the two invoice screenshots attached to your first posts, correct quantities could be seen, 0.3 and 0.35. 

Please find window “Query-Invoiced Purchase order” (It was somewhere in Purchasing - Queries for purchase orders area) and look there for invoices matched to this receipt. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda  Thank you again for your time.

I cannot find the window, “Query-Invoiced Purchase order”(we are in APP10). I just downloaded all the transactions for this PO in “Invoiced Purchase Order” window. attached. you can see the second invoice used 0.65 of qty 1.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, 
I checked your first screenshot again and noticed the discrepancy between matching info and posting content - you have qty 0.65 and value 32175 as Invoiced in matching view and 0.3 and 14850 in invoice posting. Can you see that?
It means you have issue in the data - discrepancy between two sources of information - and, most probably, balance in GL as Goods Received Not Invoiced (M91/M92 postings created as non-inventory receipt not fully reversed by invoices).
It might mean data repair is necessary - matching info should be in line with postings and invoice information, meaning matching data must be updated. 
You may need support case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Thank you.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda  I see the second invoice (0.3 and 14850 ) messed up. but wondering why system allow user to match 0.65 and value 32175 against 0.3 and 14850. system should say excessive…. and stop the posting, correct?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda  I see the second invoice (0.3 and 14850 ) messed up. but wondering why system allow user to match 0.65 and value 32175 against 0.3 and 14850. system should say excessive…. and stop the posting, correct?

Thank you.

I have seen one or two examples of similar issue (with posting proposal in use). In these cases, originally system created postings for entire 0.65 and 32175 - and of course invoice was not balanced. Then someone modified this posting line decreasing quantity and value and balancing invoice, and system recalculated M91/M92 posting lines accordingly, but did not update matching line.
Anyway, two sources of data: invoice posting and matching info are not in sync now, and the only thing you can do to correct it is to cancel  this incorrect invoice and process it once again. Or ask support for data repair.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Appreciated.