• 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have a customer that has a customer agreement for a part in Apps10: 

Part Min QTY Price
1 0 200
1 5 100
1 10 50

If a customer order is placed with three line items each with seperate Wanted Delivery Dates or Addresses with a quantity of 10 shouldn’t the system give them the $50 price? 

Customer Order Lines: 

Part QTY Date
1 5 2/1/2021
1 5 3/1/2021

Right now the system is giving each line item the 100 price instead of the 50 price. 

icon

Best answer by durette 12 February 2021, 23:37

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The min qty was designed to work per one customer order line.  The Application is not designed to work with multiple customer order lines, even if the sales part is the same on the lines.  It is one of these issues that some IFS customers would like it to include 1 lines only, and other IFS customers would like to it to include all customer order lines (with the same sales part).  So IFS try’s to please the majority of our customer.  Please let me know if this answers your question. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The min qty was designed to work per one customer order line.  The Application is not designed to work with multiple customer order lines, even if the sales part is the same on the lines.  It is one of these issues that some IFS customers would like it to include 1 lines only, and other IFS customers would like to it to include all customer order lines (with the same sales part).  So IFS try’s to please the majority of our customer.  Please let me know if this answers your question. 

I’d imagine this is a technical challenge, too. Right now, all the lookups are for THAT line. To implement totaling across all the lines to find the quantity for that part number would be a paradigm shift of doing look-backs at other order lines on the order. You’d also have to update any previous lines based on the new total quantity.

A custom event might be the work-around here, but a trigger can’t see other records in its own table, so a background job will be required. That makes timing and user expectations difficult to manage. (“What do you mean the record has been edited by another user? I just saved it!”)