Solved

PP30 Posting control

• 9 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi ,

Can anyone help me with PP30 posting control basically when it gets fired I did supplier check using posting proposal and also using supplier check screen both on account and matching with supplier as well but PP30 transaction did created.

But if I don't create PP30 posting control IFS throughs an error.

Regards,

Mukesh Gupta

icon

Best answer by Sachin Vithanage 9 July 2021, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi Mukesh,

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the error you get? If you have set up PP30 Posting Type with Control Type “IC1”, probably the reason for the error would be Supplier Group is missing in Posting Control details.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Mukesh,

Can you elaborate the issue further? And let us know what is the exact error that you get ?

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @MKG019 ,

In IFS Applications, the posting type PP30 has been added for a technical reason. It will not be shown in the voucher postings .This is a contra posting and creates no net value in the check payment transactions.

However, having PP30 is mandatory. Otherwise, you will get an error when creating an unmatched supplier check. When setting up PP30, you need to give a dummy account which you do not use for ordinary transactions in the posting control window. 

Hope this explanation helps.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi ,

I think Sachin has already given the best possible answer.

Yes. “When a supplier check is created (entered), but not matched, the remaining, unmatched amount is stored as a payment on account. However when designing this functionality, PP30 has been used as an intermediate posting type. The unmatched POA is first debited to the account connected with this posting and then goes to the PP7 while creating a credit entry to the same account. (PP21 Cr, PP30 Dr and at the same time  PP30 Cr. and PP7 Cr. ) So it is temporary postings used in the initial design which is not actually required at all for the general or AP ledger is concerned.

Therefore, it has been removed these posting lines from the actual voucher, thus you would never see it. However, these posting lines are still available  in Payled_Accounting_row_ tab as the coding behind is never removed. 

@ Mukesh 

It doesn't harm you at all..! Make sure a valid posting setup is available at least with a fixed value control type, to facilitate  a voucher line to be created  behind the seen. Since it is intermediate postings or wash accounts connected, nothing will be remained at the end of the day.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.