Question

Postings on GL Voucher details in Apps9

Badge +4

In one of my upgrade project (from Apps8 to Apps9) I see one difference in the postings coming out from expense sheet i.e it is divided into several lines each pertaining to different types of expense, for ex- One line from Mileage, one line from Compensation and one from expense tab, further if Expense tab has three lines for example two for NOK (currency) and one line for EUR then the postings in GL reflects two lines (one clubbed with NOK amount and the other one for EUR). The observation is though currency reflected is in EUR but the final amount is in NOK 

Earlier in apps8, under the same scenario only one line was posted with currency NOK. Is there anything that we can control on the Expense sheet or in Finance for this case?

Observation from Finance-

GL account will show all 3 currencies at all time. Transaction currency, accounting currency and parallel currency. Currency is not a control type because the postings in GL will be in NOK as well as currency.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

In case of travel expense module, you can report expenses in various currencies (common case for abroad trips), but employee will get reimbursed in home currency only. 

Registering expense line you should pay attention to the currency and currency rate used, as it will impact your employee reimbursement.

The way costs are charged to GL account is more precise in version 9 that it used to be in version 8 - it reflects original currency of the expense, allowing currency-based analysis of expenses in Financials. 

Badge +4

Thanks @Adam Bereda , this info helped me :)

Regards

Nitu