Question

Posting Proposal Authouriser from PO

• 4 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Is there a way to have the BUYER of a purchase order automatically the invoice authouriser without applying Purchase Order Authorisation Rules?

I’m aware you can set up Authorisation Routing Rules, however this appears only to let you select 1 named individual or a group of individuals.

My example, two employees raise seperate purchase orders for the same supplier and a seperate supplier invoice entry is created for both purchase orders. I would like each employee to only see a posting proposal for the purchase order that they raised.

Thank you,

Harley

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @harley.wilkie 

If you don’t have an identifier in code parts or invoice recipient then I don’t think you can do this with invoice posting authorization rules.

Other option is if your buyer is in the authorization of PO then it can be fetched to invoice authorization.

One last method is you can create a custom event that will fetch buyer from PO and add to authorization section of the posting proposal

@Marcel.Ausan can you propose any other solution?

Hope this helps

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@harley.wilkie I’m not sure how this would work as you have 2 POs linked to one Supplier Invoice. I never tried this scenario with posting proposals. My assumption is that there will be just one posting proposal for the entire invoice.

Based on this assumption, you could have a custom event which could add 2 approval steps automatically in the posting proposal. But in the end it will be one posting proposal approved by the 2 buyers.

Badge +2

Hi @Marcel.Ausan,

In my scenario it would be two POs and two seperate supplier invoices. I want whoever has raised the PO to be the authoriser of the posting proposal, without using purchase authorisation rules in possible.