Question

Posting controls for invoicing plan

• 28 July 2021
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

When creating a project invoice using an invoicing plan, the system is assigning the employee ID (as code part) to the posting related to revenue account.

My understanding is that this is linked to PRJI1 (for taxable invoice) / PRJI2 (for non taxable invoice) posting controls and how code part Employee is setup (control type used, etc.). Currently, the Employee code part is associated to control type PRJC2 (Employee), i.e. is using the list of employees. This is fine for invoices using employee related project transactions. And if we use project transactions coming from Non personal project cost registration, then * is assigned as Employee ID and the system will then assign (on the invoice) a default value for the Employee code part.

Since Invoicing Plan is to invoice scheduled fixed amount invoice and, at least in our case, is not linked to a particular employee, I’m wondering: is there a way for IFS to assign * as Employee ID (similar to Non Personal Project Cost Registration) instead of using the employee ID of the person registering the invoicing plan?

Alternatively, is there a way we should setup the posting controls?

To give an example (for better understanding):

• Employee ID of the person creating the invoicing plan and raising the invoice is E000001. This ID also exists as a code part value
  • PRJI1/PRJI2 are setup in a way that it will look for the Employee as code part. If it manages to match the employee ID with what is listed in the control type, then it will use the value from the control type. Else, it will assign a default value E999999.
  • When raising an project invoice for an invoicing plan, for the Employee Code Part, the system will assign E000001. But we’d like the posting to use E999999 as the invoicing plan is not employee related/specific.

This topic has been closed for comments