Solved

Posting Control Setup Change for Posting Type PRJT1

• 16 July 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

I want to know,

Are there any consequences if we update pre-posting entry in posting control setup during a financial period.

Thank you in Advance.

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 17 July 2021, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Depending on the update, you could later get errors on the transactions transfer that may require updates to the transactions.  This could actually occur irrespective of when you make the change, it is just that you may not see the error till you do the transaction transfer to the ledger.  If this is done only at the end of the month, you may see delays on closing.  Shouldn’t be anything that isn’t repairable, just might slow you down a bit.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

This is regarding Apps10 environment.

One of our user needs to add Project Pre-Posting into PRJT1 and PRJT2 posting types.

There are number of transactions in the system without Project pre-posting. But now they want to add Project pre-posting as I mentioned.

If they really want to do this are there any specific time to do this? Like month end?

Thank you in advance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I think the best time to do this is after the last day of the month (Day 1 of month) so that the change is a clean start at the beginning of the month.  Then perform the transaction transfer a couple of times throughout the month to look for possible errors so they don’t hold up the month end close later that month.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you very much for the answer.

One last question. Do you have any idea about possible errors we could get by adding pre-posting into PRJT1 and PRJT2?

Thank you again..!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Make sure that you back date the Valid From at least a couple of years to catch any older project transactions that might come through.  This will be the majority of the errors.  However, then depending on the change you make and whether it is mandatory or optional, you would likely have existing project transactions that don’t have the required setting in place and might require the project to be updated to clear the error or the time registration entries to be updated or both.  It is really impossible to predict exactly the effect.

If you are concerned, I would make the change in a QA or DEV environment now and have some transactions performed to see the effect first.  You can never go wrong testing the change first before making it LIVE.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@ShawnBerk Thank you very much for your inputs. I think I got the answer for my question.

Thank you again..!!

Have a nice weekend..!!