Solved

Posting Control Question

• 26 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Good Morning, 

We are currently reviewing our posting controls in Apps 10 EE and have found a situation we are questioning.  We require pre-posting on PO’s not tied to an inventory part and a Work Order.  While reviewing the posting controls called Pre-Accounting, we have noticed they have never been triggered.  

First question - should they be?

Second question - If we remove the posting controls, would it cause errors in the posting analysis?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 26 June 2023, 15:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Posting controls for pre-posting never show up in the transaction analysis because they are almost an addition. These are for enabling additional code parts (e.g. cost centre etc.) to be driven based on manual entry, but the retrieval for the account will still be based on a different posting control - hence they don’t show as used.

If you remove the posting controls, this will take away the ability to pre-post the PO. This will only cause errors if the code part you are pre-posting is mandatory for the accounts used (and it will be missing now). 

Pre-accounting on POs etc. can be set to mandatory or optional - if they are currently set to mandatory, then removing them will affect users when they enter POs, as they will no longer be prompted to perform the pre-posting. 

To understand if they are necessary, I’d look at the code part used in pre-posting (e.g. cost centre) and then check the PO postings where this code part is filled out. If there are none - it’s probably safe to remove. If there are transactions with the code part filled - I’d leave the posting controls in.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you @Ieva Rituma.  This information is greatly appreciated.

This is exactly what I needed.