Solved

Posting Control M1 error

• 28 April 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I have errors in “Distribution and Manufacturing Postings Analysis” linked to the posting control M1: “Value is missing for posting type M1 combined control type PCAG code part B in company 204.”

Here is our setup for M1:

Here is our setup for any of the 12xx accounts in the M1 control posting:

And here is the setup for the 5550 account:

Is the M1 posting control set up ok? I was trying to reconcile the fact that some accounts do not need the department and product while one account does need it.

We tried with “can” for department and product for all the accounts 12xx in the M1 posting control but it did not help. 

Any comments are welcome.

icon

Best answer by Adam.Bereda 4 May 2023, 10:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

What accounting group and department were referenced on the actual transaction?

Hello,

It seems that there are missing definition for code part B and new type of combination Posting Cost Group with Accounting Group. On your screen I see only one definition of combination MATERIAL with 830 , I suspect that there are more combinations in transactions.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@cperdue I think this is what you were asking for:

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

@Pawel Dworzynski 

I might be missing definitions for code B but the requirements for each account is not the same. I do I reconcile the various requirements?

Should I modify the code B and C of the 12xx accounts so that B and C are at “CAN” instead of “BLOCKED” and then fully define the code B and C requirements for all accounts?

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,
If I understand right, in your setup code part B is called Department.
Yoou have definition for M1 posting type for Department code part value.
Problem is that for some accounts Department code is mandatory and for some is blocked. 
In general:

For each combination of posting cost group and accounting group leading in M1 setup for Account codepart with Department Blocked, you need same combination definition for Department code part with checkbox “No code part value” set. 
In case specific combinaton is not defined in posting control details, and there is no default value defined, system will raise the error message you have noticed. Null value is not treated as valid default value…

Please pay attention to the default account select in M1 rule - for some combinations default account is used, but if this account has Department blocked, you have define these combination explicitly in M1 setup for Department.

Hi @clilouise 

Can you investigate for the transaction with the error what is the Posting Cost Group and Accounting Group for this transaction?

Is it MATERIAL and 830 or something else?

In case that is something else it is possible it is not defined in your details:

and there is an error.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you @Adam.Bereda your answer was the solution.

This is what worked:

Along with something equivalent for code part C.