Question

Posting Control GP5

• 22 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hello,

I would like to understand the GP5 posting.

So far, I’ve been posting time for projects without this posting control. 

Why is necessary now? I’m not changing any data for my project.

Thanks in advance.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Marijo,
I am encountering the same issue here, all of a sudden I got messages about that GP5 posting control that is missing. I could quote you : “Why is necessary now? I’m not changing any data for my project”.
I see no one answered your post on IFS Community, but since 10 months now did you solve your issue ? Did you get the answer from another source ?
Best regards,
Henri

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I guess your project groups do not normally default the project type to use Capitalization of costs?

You can check the ‘Project Type’ on the form Finance Projects.

If so , it could be that when approving the project somebody accidentally set one for Capitalize Cost or Capitalize Cost/Revenue.

This will then trigger a GP5 posting when updating the GL (or when doing periodical capitalization revenue recognition).

If this has happened then I’m afraid it’s not easy to change the project type once you have transactions.  You would need to complete, then reopen the project with the correct type.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello Antbarrif,
I understand what you suggest and might have happened, but we only have 2 project groups, one with “Capitalize Expenses” and one with “No capitalization”. These options cannot be modified when we approve a project and have to choose its group. And I cannot find “Capitalization of Costs” in any drop down list...