Question

PO receipt automatic match at posting

• 9 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

We are trying to implement tolerances in our PO matching.  We are utilizing receipt matching with no validation.

However, when we create the manual supplier invoice and then click Posting Proposal, two things are happening:

1. It is automatically matching to a receipt even though no Receipt Reference is entered.
  2. It is creating a separate posting line for the total tax amount.  If we remove the posting lines and match manually, the taxes populate correctly.

Is this a setting I am missing?  Below, the $40.60 is the total tax for the invoice, which should be split out among the lines.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @TTRACY ,

1. I believe since you are not using a validation, PO is matched automatically even without a receipt ref. 
  2. I can see that they are no part order lines that you are invoicing. Then I assume this is non deductible tax which is applied here. There is a know limitation using non deductible tax and automatic matching. When they are automatically matched the tax is not calculated properly. However, if you cancel and match manually the tax will be calculated correctly Using line level matching is a workaround. However, line level matching does not support automatic matching for no part order lines. This is an known application limitation. 

Hope this helps. 

Shehan Almeida. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Shehan Almeida FYI from 22R2 and onwards in Cloud it works to automatically match no part lines using line level matching. What you need is the line no and the release no on the invoice line (that you get automatically if you create your invoice lines using RMB Copy unmatched PO receipt).

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@lisvse thank you for the update. Glad to hear that this is no more a limitation 😀

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Is there a way to turn off the automatic matching of receipts?  Problem is we use a back office automation OCR reading that sends XML files to our system.  It does not appear the Copy unmatched PO receipts is an option when the invoices are created through External Supplier Invoices.

We would prefer to turn off the auto matching and have the match done manually in the posting control.