Question

PO payment terms - updated after invoice registration

• 28 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

If we register an invoice with no PO and therefore the standard supplier basic terms, how can we ensure the payment terms are updated automatically on the invoice when the correct PO is added if this has different terms?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

When you add the PO number,  you are asked this,

Yes- will update the Payment terms according to PO. No - will keep the Supplier Payment Terms. 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi,

Yes- will update the Payment terms according to PO. No - will keep the Supplier Payment Terms. 

Thanks. 

This is before saving and registering the invoice?

I’m looking for updating the payment terms if invoice is prelimposted with no PO and the order is added later?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi,

Thanks. 

This is before saving and registering the invoice?

I’m looking for updating the payment terms if invoice is prelimposted with no PO and the order is added later?

Hi,

Adding PO Ref is not possible when the invoice is PrelPosted right?

How are you trying to do this?

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @SMcLees ,

When the company is a non-posting proposal company, it is possible to amend the PO Ref even after the invoice is posted. In such a scenario, the above 'Question’ message does not appear when we add a PO Ref with a different payment term. I have checked this in the latest Apps 10 core environment and the behavior is the same. So this could be a bug in the system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SMcLees ,

When the company is a non-posting proposal company, it is possible to amend the PO Ref even after the invoice is posted. In such a scenario, the above 'Question’ message does not appear when we add a PO Ref with a different payment term. I have checked this in the latest Apps 10 core environment and the behavior is the same. So this could be a bug in the system.

Hi @Sachin Vithanage @SMcLees ,

I don’t think it is a bug, and in fact I conducted slight internal knowledge search and apparently this has been reported to RnD before. (IFS Internal may refer solution 263638)

Let me quote RnD reply for this instance:

“It is designed to take the PO basic data, in the reported case the payment term, when the invoice is entered and in manual supplier invoice header if PO reference is added. If the PO reference is not added in manual supplier invoice, it will take the payment term from the supplier. In posting proposal it will have the payment term from the manual supplier invoice and it is not designed for basic data to be replaced when the PO reference is entered in posting proposal. In posting proposal the PO reference is entered/ considered for matching purposes. 

Therefore, if the user requires the payment term to be same as PO but in manual supplier invoice header if PO reference is not added the payment term as mentioned requires to be manually modified. Or the PO reference to be added at the time of entering supplier invoice in the header field PO reference.” 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@Vimukthi Mahakumbura  A good finding. However, the issue reported under that Solution is related to a scenario where the Payment Terms of an invoice is not being updated , when we add a PO REF to the Posting Proposal of an invoice in prelposted state. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

“ If we miss entering PO Ref at the begining & enter the PO Ref at the Posting proposal stage, the payment terms will not be changed according to the PO”

My doubt is, when the company is a non-posting proposal company and when we try to add a PO REF with a different payment term on the Manual Supplier window itself, still we should get the validation question message of “Do you want to update the payment term with the information from the PO”

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi SMcLees,

When it comes to, External Supplier invoice, there is RMB option on the line as 'Recalculate payment term info' but when it comes to the Manual Supplier invoice, I'm afraid, you will have to do a manual check. You may consider the option of using Custom ( SQL ) event action.