Question

Planning Rule-Business Planning

• 8 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to Create a Planning Rule under Business Planning for Allocation of Expenses from One GL Code to Other GL Code Based on Set parameters.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to Create a Planning Rule under Business Planning for Allocation of Expenses from One GL Code to Other GL Code Based on Set parameters.

Hi, hope this is what you are looking for, I demonstate on Entertainment Account for a specific Cost centre where a budget will be loaded:

Create Assumption Drivers for the Set parameters and add to the Business Plan under Assumption Drivers.  Open the Planning Unit and add these Assumption Drivers and populate with Percentage (%) values (eg. 0.8 for 80%) 

Now create Transaction Based Planning Rule:

Execute the transaction based rule on the business unit and you should see transactions created as above (first picture).

Regards,

Jacques

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

Hi, hope this is what you are looking for, I demonstate on Entertainment Account for a specific Cost centre where a budget will be loaded:

Create Assumption Drivers for the Set parameters and add to the Business Plan under Assumption Drivers.  Open the Planning Unit and add these Assumption Drivers and populate with Percentage (%) values (eg. 0.8 for 80%) 

Now create Transaction Based Planning Rule:

Execute the transaction based rule on the business unit and you should see transactions created as above (first picture).

Regards,

Jacques

Here is the Assumption Driver included in Planning Rule: