Question

Periodic Cost Allocation

• 24 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

May I please know how periodic cost allocation works?

I need to se up rules to allocate facilities costs to cost centers including how to create the voucher automatically for it.

Are there any documents or information I can refer on this?

Thanks

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
I think description available in system help is quite good.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I always start with F1/Help for the defined basic data and process flow.

You may also explore posting rules - these may accomplish the same end you desire.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Adam Bereda and @cperdue,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have referred it but I need to set up the below. Can you tell me the steps to do it?

My company has the below costs..

Rates = total  → 10,000 (This consists of 2000 for services and 8000 for development)

Rent = total → 8000 ( This consists of 2000 for services and 6000 for development)

Hence totals for services --> 4000 and development -->14,000

Now for the ifs voucher,

Office 1 – total →11,000(out of this 10% is services 1100 and 90% is development 9900)

Office 2 – total → 7,000(out of this 10% is services 700 and 90% is development 6300)

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, Steve, 
I am afraid I do not understand your example. 

Are your costs originally booked on buildings (Office 1 and 2), and you want to distribute them on development and services using some 90/10 distribution key?
Or vice versa, you have costs aggregated by nature and function (rent/rates and services/development) and you want to distribute them on two buildings? 
I am not sure, because once totals for services and development are 4000 and 14000, and below, in voucher, 1800 and 16200. Normally, doing allocation, you are maintaining original details of the costs and only dividing on additional dimension (e.g. one costs center onto several). 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

If you decide to go the posting rule route, an example follows:

I hope this is helpful.