Question

PDF_REPORT_CREATED for reminders and interest invoices

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

In IFS APPS 10 I need to set up e-mailing of payment reminders and interest invoices.

As far as I understand I need the event PDF_REPORT_CREATED for these, but what are the parameters? 

Is there a way to set up the event without knowledge of the parameter options?

Jonas Jäthing

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Jonas,

Your action type for the event should be Email & your parameter repord_id should contain the Report ID.

​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks for your prompt replyInfaz!

How do I know the Report IDs at the time I create the reminders, they are created in batch as far as I understand.

Kind regards

Jonas

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @jonas j Levilo AB ,

REPORT_ID is the identity of the report involved. For an example, for customer reminders, we should use the report ID REMINDER_ITEMS_REM_REP as below.

You can find the correct REPORT_ID of any required report in ‘Report Definition’ window by searching with the report title.

Hope this explanation helps you.

Best Regards,

Sachin

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Right, thanks Sachin!

I was a bit confused by the screenshot where the was a Report Title given, I will try the Report ID  instead.

Kind regards

Jonas

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Jonas,

You will have to create separate event actions for each report that you want to send emails. Simply speaking you will need two different event actions for your two reports against PDF_REPORT_CREATED, with report_id set to your respective report ids. 

Hi,

At the end don’t forget to enable that Action, to be working:

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you all,

But the most important part of my initial question is about the parameters, Is there a way that I can identify the parameters without having to activate the mail server against my test environment?

For purchasing and sales there is an exellent table in the F1 help files, but for all other modules such a table is either lacking or very hard to find. 

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Jonas

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Thank you all,

But the most important part of my initial question is about the parameters, Is there a way that I can identify the parameters without having to activate the mail server against my test environment?

For purchasing and sales there is an exellent table in the F1 help files, but for all other modules such a table is either lacking or very hard to find. 

Any suggestions?

Kind regards

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

There is a document which explains about Emailing reports (https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/Foundation1/040_administration/250_operational_reporting/110_email_reports/default.htm). Hope you can access this.

If you check the very last part of the document, you will see how these parameters are defined.

Regards,

Shehan

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thank you Shehan!

I think I will grasp the techie bits at the bottom of that article if I give myself some time to study it.

Best regards

Jonas

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi Jonas,

As shown in the first screen print if you list down all the pdf parameters on the body of the event, which will then be fetched once the mail is sent, you could check for what pdf parameters stand for. That is the best way to figure out.

Thank you,

Dhananga

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks for the tip Dhananga, but in this case I have no environment available where the mail server is activated.

Kind regards

Jonas

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

@Shehan Wickramaratne

Hi Shehan,

I have tried to find the default parameters but my knowledge of SQL is lacking quite a bit.

And before I add new default paramaters I want to know the existing default parameters. Is there really no way of finding them?

Really appreciating your efforts to support me on this,

Jonas

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Does this help?

Linda

PDF_PARAMETER

Purchase Order

E-mail address for the supplier contact

Supplier ID

Site

Name/Person ID of supplier contact.

Name of the coordinator from the purchase order.

Order number from the purchase order.

Name of supplier contact.

Request for Order/Agreement Quotation

Supplier ID

Request no

Order/Agreement Quotation Rejection Letter

Supplier ID

Quotation number

Supplier Consignment Consumption

Supplier ID

Site

Part number

Confirmation of Customer Order

E-mail address for the customer contact

Customer ID

Site

Name/Person ID of customer contact.

Name of the coordinator from the customer order.

Order number from the customer order.

Customer's purchase order number from the customer order.

Name of customer contact.

Invoice

Customer ID

Site

Our reference from the invoice.

Invoice number from customer invoice.

Pro Forma Invoice

Customer ID

Site

Name of the coordinator from the customer order.

Order number from the customer order.

Order Quotation

Customer ID

Site

Quotation number from the quotation

Customer's RFQ number from the quotation.

Badge +1

Hi,

This was serendipitous that I was working on this exact effort for emailing a customer Invoice.  Luckily, we have our Test Server activated for emailing so I have just added each field to my email event so i can see what each populates.  The only issue I am having is with the attachment.  I following the Help link provided previously.  It lists this information: 

I have tried this, the reverse and every combination of the two names in the File Name and Content but the attachment that is sent is not readable with the error message below.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nina