Solved

Payment method rule

• 30 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi 

I have tried to setup the Payment method rule but id didnt work.

My Intension was to use another Payment method in case the invoice comes in another currency than default.

For example

The default currency for this supplier is CHF

in the payment tab i have setup two different payment Methods with the payment adress

I have also setup a rule ID

The rule ID says any amount in EUR shall use the payment Method SEPA

How Does the system now recognizes the Currency, whenever i Create now a payment proposal in EUR the Invoice gets not recognized i must add the invoice manually. Does anyone know the exact conzept of this Payment Method rule or how it basically works?

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 31 March 2022, 16:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @bytsophan 

Payment method SEPA is linked with currency and invoices in the currency EUR would get fetched.

But for Payment method ISO20022 any currency is allowed.

I hope this answers...

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @bytsophan 

Payment method SEPA is linked with currency and invoices in the currency EUR would get fetched.

But for Payment method ISO20022 any currency is allowed.

I hope this answers...

Hi Dhananga

This means, Due to the default payment method of ISO20022, the system doesnt fetch the EUR invoice for this particular supplier, whenever I use the payment method SEPA in the payment Proposal?

For example:

I created the supplier invoice in EUR instead in CHF (installment plan is authorized)

then i created the payment proposal with the following parameter. Please note i set the payment method to SEPA

Since i have defined the supplier with two payment methods ISO and SEPA…

and also defined the payment rule 1 which indicates, incase of EUR for this supplier, then Payment method is used SEPA.

in The Proposal i dont have the invoice fetched

Is this payment Method rule setup correctly by me? does this Payment method rule actually cover the described Use Case?

Thanks for an answer

Best Regards

Sophal 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I am sure that creating payment proposal, system is using payment method specified on authorized invoice instalments - if invoice is authorized for ISO payment method, it will not be fetched automatically for SEPA proposal.

If you want to utilize payment method rules, I think you should create payment proposal using % value of payment method parameter, and then under right click generate Payment Method Plan, approve it and Apply to proposal. 

I have never used this process in practice, I am afraid. Instead, I am insisting that during invoice processing (authorization in posting proposal) or at the latest during invoice payment authorization, authorizing user validates payment method AND payment address used for instalments. It is the only way, I believe, to ensure that correct supplier bank account is used on payment - especially in case supplier has several bank accounts to be used depending on currency and contract. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @bytsophan 

I don’t see anything wrong in the basic data defined.

If you have not authorized invoice installment with a specific payment method (SEPA), it should be picked up under ISO20022 as well.

You have unchecked use default payment method in payment proposal, thus, supplier default payment method is not considered when fetching invoices. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi,

I am sure that creating payment proposal, system is using payment method specified on authorized invoice instalments - if invoice is authorized for ISO payment method, it will not be fetched automatically for SEPA proposal.

If you want to utilize payment method rules, I think you should create payment proposal using % value of payment method parameter, and then under right click generate Payment Method Plan, approve it and Apply to proposal. 

I have never used this process in practice, I am afraid. Instead, I am insisting that during invoice processing (authorization in posting proposal) or at the latest during invoice payment authorization, authorizing user validates payment method AND payment address used for instalments. It is the only way, I believe, to ensure that correct supplier bank account is used on payment - especially in case supplier has several bank accounts to be used depending on currency and contract. 

Hi Adam 

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have tested it and it works. I have attached a detailled explanation for all who whiches to use the Payment Method rule