Solved

Part Pricing Rule not triggering

• 21 February 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

This issue happens rarely but when it does it un-explainable.

The part list price is in the part record

the part list price is also in the part pricing rule that generates

however, on the request it doesnt trigger anything

the first screenshot shows part pricing triggering successfully. you can see the price rule sequence

The one with the issue isnt pulling it at all

icon

Best answer by anmise 23 February 2020, 08:50

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

This issue happens rarely but when it does it un-explainable.

The part list price is in the part record

the part list price is also in the part pricing rule that generates

however, on the request it doesnt trigger anything

the first screenshot shows part pricing triggering successfully. you can see the price rule sequence

The one with the issue isnt pulling it at all

If you look at the pricing source in the upper right hand side, you’ll see it says ‘TABLEPRICEFAIL’. That usually happens when the part has no price at all set or when the currency on the request doesn’t match the price currency, which I assume it does?  

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@anmise - im still having this issue. this time there is no differnet currency and no failed price source

here are the screenshots

Part Need Screen
Pricing Rule - show details. Tried it as a list adjustment and a list price
Business rule with the map list ID

Any thing you can do to help is appreciated! 

it was on and off working previously but now seems to not be working

Userlevel 7

@anmise - im still having this issue. this time there is no differnet currency and no failed price source

here are the screenshots

Part Need Screen
Pricing Rule - show details. Tried it as a list adjustment and a list price
Business rule with the map list ID

Any thing you can do to help is appreciated! 

it was on and off working previously but now seems to not be working

Hard to say, but does the place id on your request match the value in your rule? Have you refreshed cache after creating the rule? 
I tried setting up the same rule, and it seems to work fine.

Refresh cache

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@anmise it worked before but hasnt recently. is there a way to track the of these business rules to see why or where its not triggering?

There has been a new pricing rule created recently. perhaps that is clashing with this one?

This rule looks at a pricing tier (Custom field) then looks at the part type and group and gives a discount percentage based on that. could one of these mappings be interfering with it? The search order has this new rule much later than the original rule im referring to so i dont think its that. If it is this rule, how can i adjust it in order to not interfere?

Userlevel 7

@anmise it worked before but hasnt recently. is there a way to track the of these business rules to see why or where its not triggering?

There has been a new pricing rule created recently. perhaps that is clashing with this one?

This rule looks at a pricing tier (Custom field) then looks at the part type and group and gives a discount percentage based on that. could one of these mappings be interfering with it? The search order has this new rule much later than the original rule im referring to so i dont think its that. If it is this rule, how can i adjust it in order to not interfere?

What happens if you deactivate the new rule, refresh cache and then try with one that hits the other rule? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@anmise  is there a way to make the entire rule ID inactive? i only see options to make each condition inactive.

Userlevel 7

@anmise  is there a way to make the entire rule ID inactive? i only see options to make each condition inactive.

Remove the search order.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Ok, i just pulled all the condiitons and just made them inactive, imported them back in.

The rule worked.

Then i put the new rule back to active before it affects our users

the old rule still worked? weird - i’ll come back if i experience anymore issues with it

thanks @anmise