Parked payment created for the company for Partial Customer Rollback

• 18 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

When customer partial rollback is performed, a parked payment is created for the company, but not for the customer.

In my opinion this is to accommodate handling of different rollback scenarios. Do you have a different opinion on this?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

If a rollback of a customer payment has been done there is a payment without (customer) invoice. Therefore it is called Customer Payment on Account (CUPOA). This CUPOA will ‘exist forever’ in the company if it won’t be matched a against a (new) customer invoice. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

When a customer payment is partially rolledback, the cash entry is not reversed. You can observe that with the vouchers. A CUPOA is whats created which can be matched in the future. Only when a complete rollback of the payment is done, the case transaction will be reversed. 

BR,

Ruwanjala

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

In my opinion...payment is partially rolled back as the cash or bank component of that payment is correct. And only the applied invoice or selected customer is wrong. Otherwise we can do the complete rollback

Therefore, when a CUPOA is created we can apply that against a invoice of the same or different customer.

Eventually, the bank or cash transactions will remain untouched. No impact to the bank reconciliation as well.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi Georgios and Ruwanjala,

Thanks for the responses.

If I clarify the question, the CUPOA that gets created is not connected to any customer. Assume we receive a customer payment from Customer A and we record it. If we do a partial rollback, CUPOA is created not for Customer A, but for the company (a parked payment).

Question is why is the CUPOA not connected to the customer?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I thought the same Shehan

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

“Therefore, when a CUPOA is created we can apply that against an invoice of the same or different customer.”

Say customer “A” has paid 100USD for an invoice. once we partial roll back the payment, the system will create a CUPOA for the company (not for the customer) without reversing the cash transaction(correct).
So in this scenario, you should match this newly created CUPOA with an invoice of same customer. (since we know that amount has been paid by customer “A”). If we match this CUPOA with an invoice of another customer, I think it is functionally incorrect. isn't it?

Thanks and regards,
Viraj

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Shehan Almeida 

“Therefore, when a CUPOA is created we can apply that against an invoice of the same or different customer.”

Say customer “A” has paid 100USD for an invoice. once we partial roll back the payment, the system will create a CUPOA for the company (not for the customer) without reversing the cash transaction(correct).
So in this scenario, you should match this newly created CUPOA with an invoice of same customer. (since we know that amount has been paid by customer “A”). If we match this CUPOA with an invoice of another customer, I think it is functionally incorrect. isn't it?

Thanks and regards,
Viraj

Hi Viraj,

I think, I application is providing us the flexibility to match this against any customer. Like you say the most likely scenario could be matching against same customer to a different invoice. However, we still have a option to select other customers as well.

Reason is that the rollback is done due to a some error or issue of the users. You may not know what they want.

Shehan Almeida. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

In addition to what Shehan mentioned, the reason for rolling back could be due to a user error of marking the wrong customer. Hence, the flexibility of matching the payment with another customer. Since there is not ‘Cancel” option in Customer Payments, rolling back flexibility has been provided is my understanding. 

Ruwanjala J