Solved

Paid Advance Invoice (SUPIA) setoff against final supplier invoice

• 25 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

It is allowed to match SUPIA for supplier invoice where in ‘Posted’ status. Normally IFS application allows to do payments or offset only for authorized supplier invoices. However it is different in this scenario.

Any idea on restricting matching SUPIA for supplier invoice where in ‘Posted’ status.

Steps followed is noted below for easier reference.

1. Create Advance Supplier Invoice
  2. Authorize Advance Supplier Invoice
  3. Made payment to Advance Supplier Invoice
  4. Create Supplier Invoice, RMB on the invoice header & select Advance invoice
  5. Then select the paid advance invoice & save.
  6. Invoice status changed as ‘PartlyPaidPosted’ 

Our customer required validation on authorization on supplier invoice before perform step no 5.

icon

Best answer by Chirantha 25 March 2021, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Narmada,

Most of the supplier invoices required to be authorized as they are created manually by the users. Therefore, it is necessary to have authorizations.

However, SUPIA is a automatically generated by application and all the postings are created based on the predefined posting controls. Therefore, it is not necessary have authorization. Anyway, both the Initial Advance invoice (Step 1) and the Payment (Step 3) were authorized before SUPIA is created. So no need additional authorization for SUPIA.

I believe, this explains.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

I think this is a valid request as you make a payment for unauthorized invoices by applying payment in advances created with advances invoices.

One alternative is to move to the payment window for matching SUPIA and final invoice, instead of using RMB matching in the final supplier invoice. Then if the final invoice is not authorized you can not continue with the payment. The supplier offset window would be ideal for this purpose.

I do not know whether your customer would like to have this practice as you get a clear view if advance matching details can be included in the final invoice itself with the current practice. It depends on the number of invoices and its frequency of usage.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi Chirantha,

Thanks for the explanation. I’ll update this alternative to customer. Its better if we can have this feature in next releases as this function is connected to purchase order payment schedule too.

Best Regards

Narmada