Question

Outstanding Sales screen

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

What is the purpose of this screen?

I can see that I can search and discover any orders without an invoice number (an outstanding sale), but if I populate this screen it appears to give every order that has been raised?  

Is there a reason that this includes every order even with an invoice, as this doesn’t appear to suggest ‘Outstanding Sale’?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The outstanding sales screen is part of the interim sales process.   This process allows IFS to make accrual postings based on deliveries that occurred (for example February 28) but were not invoiced until March 1.  This creates an accounting issue where we had cost but no revenue (for a given period).  Without this process / functionality the accounting staff would typically need to report those sales as if they occurred in February and perform manual calculations to get the data needed for those entries. 

The screen you noted helps to support that process. 

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

To add to the above, assume on March 2 we analyse February.   On March 1 we had an invoice for a February sale.  As of February 28, we would have an outstanding sale (need for an accrual) even though the order was invoiced on March 1.  

That’s why both invoiced and non-invoiced records are shown.  The importance of the data all depends on how you see the data from a particular point in time. 

Hope this helps.