Nuances of RecieveEInvoiceService API

• 20 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Badge

I’m in the process of integrating an OCR/IDP tool and IFS Clouds. At the moment, Supplier invoices are the document the tool will be used with.

I’m excited that IFS cloud is going to take a modern, API first, approach. I’ve been exploring the ReceiveEinvoiceService API. However, the documentation (at least the docs linked in the API explorer) leaves something to be desired. It’s got some broken English and isn’t particularly clear. I was a bit surprised by this. It seems like an incredibly useful API, so I would have expected some better docs.

Here is part of the documentation describing how to use it:

Projection Documentation
Service to receive an E-Invoice (Supplier Invoice) in the system.
The structure ReceiveEinvoiceStructure describes the message different parts that can be used when creating the E-Invoice.
If Invoice Image/Attachments are added (which is optional) to the message, ReceiveEinvoiceStructure, then the message needs to be
processed in several steps in the follwing way:
1. Call the Action ReceiveEinvoice with a parameter [I believe they mean body?] of type ReceiveEinvoiceStructure. A response is returned with an Identifier of
the message (MessageId) and URLs (placeholders) to be able to upload Invoice Image and Invoice Attachments.
2. Upload (stream) the Invoice Image and other Attachments using the URLs returned by the respons from Action ReceiveEinvoice in step 1.
3. Call the Action ProcessEinvoice to process the Message, once upload of Invoice Image and Attachments are completed.

Based on this post, it looks like there is potentially a fourth step that isn’t mentioned in the documentation regarding getting an etag.

I’m going to use this thread to share what I learn as I explore using the API, and would appreciate insights from anyone else as well.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!