Solved

Mixed Payments in Aurena (New Payment On Account IEE Checkbox on Customer Payments)

Userlevel 3
Badge +8
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 64 replies

We are moving our Accounting department to Aurena and we have come to terms with the fact that we’re losing the “Customer Payments” screen and instead are going to enter “Mixed Payments” now. I agree that it makes sense to have one screen for Payments in IFS. This said, we have a specific scenario that we don’t see covered with this screen. Sometimes a customer will pay ahead without an invoice number, so it’s just a credit on their account. There is a checkbox on the Customer Payment > Transactions that says “New Payment On Account”. How would we do this same functionality using Mixed Payments? We don’t see a column for “New Payment on Account” on the Mixed Payments screen in Aurena.

icon

Best answer by Dharshankumaar Mahendran 26 July 2023, 00:16

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

You can create a new transaction and when doing this you will have the same ability for new item. It’s different as you can see in the sample screen, but very much the same. 

In case you may not know this, just a helpful hint, I never recommend the CF series that is defaulted, I recommend different series that represent the reason for the new item like PRE - prepayment DM debit memo, UD unauthorized deduction then do not set up the auto numbering so that the user will type in a comment as the invoice number. For example, DM12345 where the customer is using their debit memo 12345   or UD Unauthorized deduction DM 12345. This way you know the reason behind the new item rather than just CF and some automated number. 

Setting up a new series takes just a couple minutes and saves a huge amount of time when trying to figure out what in the world is CF 10001 that was created last month. 

Hope this helps.

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Anna ,

In the mixed payment you can select the transaction type as ‘Enter Customer Payment’ and give only the customer identity in the ‘Payer/Payee Identity’ and amount received and save the record. When Saving you will receive the below information message which shows the Payment on Account created.

then when you approve the payment and see the voucher for the mixed payment created you can notice the CUPOA created.

The same information message will be noticed when you enter payment on account where you will only enter the amount without customer identification. When you approve and notice the voucher details you should see the below

This can be offset when you match the invoice.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Back to mixed payments, on the customer payment screen we can add a discount today. We can’t find this column on the mixed payments transactions. How would we post a discount to a customer using the Mixed Payment screen in Aurena?

IEE Discount Amount Column
Aurena no Discount columns under transaction details of Mixed Payment.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran can you help with the above question regarding how discounts and chargebacks (write off column in IEE) in Aurena using the mixed payments screen? These columns don’t seem to be available on this screen.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Anna.

Once you enter the Mixed Payment line Click on the edit transactions as mentioned below.

Once you go to the Edit transactions you should be able to see the discount amount

If the field is not visible configure the columns manually and select for display.

If this response helps please rate the answer.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you @Dharshankumaar Mahendran! I will test with my group. I think this is the answer we needed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran so this is fun, we’re getting a server error when we try to add a discount to our second transaction. Aurena allows us to add a discount to the first transaction and then when we go to the next, edit  transaction, add our discount amount and try to save, it’s throwing a server error. Is this an known issue? This is the specific error it’s throwing.

RESPONSE body "{\"error\":{\"code\":\"ODATA_PROVIDER_ERROR\",\"message\":\"An internal server error occurred. Contact administrator.\",\"details\":[{\"code\":\"UNKNOWN_CONTENT\",\"message\":\"'_isNew' can not be mapped as a property or an annotation.\"}]}}"

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Anna 

When i tried to add discounts it did not give any errors in Aurena.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Dharshankumaar Mahendran thank you for verifying. We are on apps 10 upd 18, what version are you on? If it’s a later version, I’m going to have to put a ticket in I think.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Anna. I checked it in App10 Upd15 so ideally it should work for you. I would say you to check it with other users to confirm whether it is a user issue and also raise a ticket with IFS and get it invesitgated.