Missing Customer Invoice

• 22 March 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 528 replies

Community,

We have 3 customer orders show Invoiced/Closed, but cannot find the invoices anywhere in window Customer Invoice with Errors, as well as Customer Invoice Analysis.

I have 2 questions, 

1. how to trace in the system to find the leads of the invoices? 
  2. if there is no way to find the invoices, how to recreate the customer invoices? basically we don’t want our AR ledger booked twice.

Thank you.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Ron,

The easiest way to find invoices connected to a customer order is by using the command button (or right mouse button if you don't use IFS Cloud) Invoice Info. You can also use the command button Order History (or tab if you don't use IFS Cloud) to see if an invoice was created for the customer.

There are some scenarios where no invoice is created. This can for example be the case when Invoice Blocked is ticked on the customer order line(s).

Kind regards, Paul Beekmans

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@12Guide_PaulB Thank you for you reply.

I take one example here. this customer order is in Invoiced/Closed status, neither Invoice Blocked nor Invoice Info is enabled. we also check the order header and line history, there is no information stated that invoice number xxxxxx is created. apparently, system does not create the invoice. so our question would be, why? How to recreate the customer invoice?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Ron,

Indeed, this looks strange for a normal customer order. If it is a normal customer order (e.g. no inter-site order and self-billing does not apply), then I don't know what the reason could be.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@12Guide_PaulB Thank you for your reply.

I realized the mandatory Pre-posting is missing in the customer order header, that might be the reason that invoice is not generated. 

this CO might be intersite order, and CO created automatically?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Ron,

What does the order type used on the customer order state?  Does it say to stop after print delivery note?

Also, can you search for this order in quick order flow handling and see what right mouse button actions are available to you?  curious if “create Invoice is greyed out or? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Is it possible the order total is $0.00?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I realized the mandatory Pre-posting is missing in the customer order header, that might be the reason that invoice is not generated. 

this CO might be intersite order, and CO created automatically?

Hi Ron,

If posting information is missing, I would expect an invoice to be created but with posting error.

If it is an inter-site order between 2 sites belonging to the same company, then an invoice will not be created.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I did a testing. i can reproduce this issue. the customer order is auto created due to the part is a supplier material. 

below is the order type. basically it will stop at every steps.

order type​​​

the customer order is automatically created and stay at Released status. that can explain why Pre-posting is not entered.

the funny thing is, after Deliver, you can see the status jump to Invoiced/Closed directly. Why system does not stop after customer order is delivered?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@cperdue Thank you for your reply. The customer order gross amount is not zero.