Skip to main content
Question

Manually modified check box checked for a PO matched invoice

• 25 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Dear All, 

I have an issue with Supplier inovice. I have provided the details of PO and invoice. Appreciate your help  in resolving the issue. 

A PO line has a quantity of 25 purchase parts. We have received 25 and retrured 24 to supplier due to some reason. The current quantity we have now to match with an invoice is 1. 

When I match invoice with PO, the posting line is created, but the Manually modified flag is set to yes. Why the application has set the status to yes though there is no changes we have made?

Eventually it leads to invoice autjhorization. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This process depends on the timing and flow from the receiving process. 

For example, if the receipt / return to vendor is not fully processed before the invoice is processed, you may show the full received quantity in received not yet invoiced.  - In this case, when processing the AP invoice, you may show a full 25 as received and when the AP person changes this to a quantity of 1, it showed as manually changed. 

If the return or scrap was completed before the invoice, the received not yet invoiced report only shows 1 as available, and when processing the invoice only 1 is available - no manual change - the posting lines then show as no for the manually changed. 

In my test, I did see that a record was marked as manually changed because I really needed to make a change as the operational flow for the return had not yet been completed. The image above was from same / similar, but the process was completed before the invoice - I had no need to manually change the quantity. 

Please test again. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

Dear Thomas, 

Thank you so much for your reply. Much appreciated. 

But we have not changed anything at invoice line level once invoice is matched with PO. In fact the invoice posting line is created with Manully modified checkbox yes. I have also provided a screenhsot of receipt for your reference. We have tried deleting posting lines and rematched again, all the times the flag is Yes only. Is there anything I need to check at PO receipt level please ?

Thanks for your time and reponse again. 

Kind regards,

Ashok.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

If the supplier invoice matching was done after a fully completed return, and the user never adjusted the matching quantity from 25 to 1, then I would suggest logging a call center ticket. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +1

Thank you Thomas. I will do it. 

Kind regards,

Ashok.