Question

Lobby Data Source issue

• 22 July 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I am trying to create server columns in with case statements to bucket invoice aging with count.

here is the sample of the code:

count (case when aging = 1 then 1 end) "current",
 count (case when aging = 30 then 1 end) "30 Days",
 count (case when aging = 31 then 1 end) "31-60 Days",
 count (case when aging = 61 then 1 end) "61-90 Days",
 count (case when aging = 91 then 1 end) "90+ Days"

After I enter the first two in the column section of the data source I get the following error when entering the third and trying to save.

---------------------------
Validation Error - IFS Applications
The names of columns 'COUNT(case when aging = 30 then 1 end)' and 'COUNT(case when aging = 31 then 1 end)' must be unique within the first 30 alphanumeric characters.
[OK]    
Any ideas how to get around this?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mbarnes, Could you please include a screenshot of the data source with this configuration? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Here is the screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mbarnes, This error usually occurs when we have identical names in the ‘Alias’ section under the columns - but seems like your alias values are unique to each other. Please try changing the ‘Type’ section of the count records as Text - just to monitor the behavior.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you for the suggestion Nalaka.  They were text to start for the type, I changed them to number in hopes of eliminating the error.  I get the same error described above with both test and number as type.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I just figured in out.  The “-” was causing the issue.  I changed the alias to 31 to 60 days and it worked.

Here is the finished labels that are working.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thank you for sharing the findings  @mbarnes  !