Question

Italian Proforma Invoice for Professional Supplier

• 22 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I need to understand how to manage in IFS the payment of a Proforma Invoice for Professional Supplier.

In Italy could be that a Professional send you a Proforma Invoice, which is basically an invoice that includes exactly all the mandatory elements of an ordinary invoice, with the only difference that it has an independent numbering and has no tax value.

In order to receive from the Professional the invoice, I need before to pay it, after that he will send the invoice. Of course, at the begging of the flow there is a PO and I have to match it with the standard invoice that I will received from the Professional Supplier only after I pay the Proforma.

Do you have any idea how can I manage it?

Thank you

Edoardo

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, I would offer a couple suggestions, but in this case, we may have better resources who are more familiar with Italy.  I’ve asked a couple co-workers to take a look. 

Best regards.

Badge +1

The posting of a proforma of a supplier with withholding tax for a service received of a Net amount 1000 with vat 22% can be done registering a manual supplier Advance invoice with gross amount teh amount of services + Vat (1220) , tax code N and withholding tax applied on a Net amount of 1000. In this way teh supplier invoice is ot posted in the tax reports and when it is paid there is the posting of withholding tax. When then supplier send the invoice a new manual supplier invoice with net amount 1000 + vat with rate 22% shoudl be posted matching it with the advance invoice posted for proforma so that the new invoice creates tax transactions for Tax Report of Purchase and becomes Paid Posted