Solved

Issue with Combination Rules

• 11 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

I have a customer who is looking for a way to make the application meet all combination rules before a combination is allowed to post? 

As an example these combination rules are defined in the system

Account 7640 Branch 4011 Department 45 was allowed to be entered and posted and while that does meet combination rule 90, it does not meet the requirements of combination rules 1036 or1063. 

Is there a way to configure the system to validate all the available rules before allowing to enter an transaction.

Thank You.

Best Regards,

prabha

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 11 August 2023, 18:51

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Maybe it’s just me, but I can’t see the image attached. Could you please add it again?

Badge +3

@Ieva Rituma  - Done.Now the images are there.Thanks Ieva!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Sorry, but we have no such configuration.   In a similar posting I explained why.  The reality is that we can have multiple functions that come into play making that process difficult. It would need to be some rules-based configuration for this to be successful in all cases. 

I have seen examples where a custom event can block the saving. So… as a core solution - we have no such setting, however custom event can.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +3

@Thomas Peterson -Thank you Thomas for the information. If you came across with the previous post please share that link with me.

Further when it comes to the custom event was it to validate all the related combination rules before posting a transaction?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The custom event validates the pre-posting of things we can control.  For example don’t allow a user to save a pre-posting. 

Finance related posting lines already stop before error (in many cases). 

The operational ones are created but go to error state where we fix a rule or bad set up. 

Best regards, 

Tom

Badge +3

@Thomas Peterson -thank u :)