issue in creating invoices

• 25 January 2024
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 89 replies

Hi team,

We having an issue with the creating invoices, few people tried to create and couldn’t do it, could you please have a look at it as a priority. 

regards,

Patan M.

13 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

No clear details as to what you are trying to do. Is it Customer Invoices or Supplier Invoices? what is the Issue / Error?

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, It is customer order, they have created shipment ID and they are unable to close it. they have followed the correct process but the status of the shipment is in Preliminary status and while finalizing it is not moving to closed status.  once it is closed then only  they we will able to create the invoice. this is happening 3 sites at a time. what would be cause pls tell me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Patanm It seems like this needs an investigation. If everything looks fine consider reporting it to IFS.

A few questions that came to me:

Any observable error when Closing the shipment or the Close option is not available in the shipment?
Cannot we get some idea using the status of the Next Step in Shipment Flow filed?
Isnt it possible to Complete the shipment at least?

Sorry for not being helpful but hope you would be able to get some idea.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, There is no error shows in shipment page, normally it will close automatically but in this case the close option is not active in state. 

The status if the shipment shows Preliminary status.

I have changed  the status from preliminary status to complete then also close option is not in active status.

I hope this will help you to get the some idea what would be the cause on this issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@Patanm can you post a few screenshots? It would be helpful in trying to guide you towards a resolution.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, I have suggested IFS technical team to restart the IFS application and services and they have restarted and invoices are got closed and user able to issue the customer invoices, thank you for your support.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

IFS not automatically updating GL vouchers:

I have noticed that IFS does not seem to be updating the GL vouchers (screenshot below) as it is scheduled to do so each day. Please can someone help to look into this?

Badge +4

Hi,

Please check the status of vouchers that are not updated to GL. If those vouchers are in error status, then check the error text & do the correction & try to update.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi, 

There is no error message in Voucher entry , pls suggest me further.

Badge +4

Hi,

Have you tried ‘Instant Update General Ledger’ option? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

What will happen when i click on Instant Update General Ledger, pls explain.

Badge +4

Are these vouchers available in Voucher Entry window? Also what is the status?

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Using instant update will run the GL Update “online” and you can select which vouchers to update.

Did the Database Job for Update GL show any errors?