Solved

ISO20022-Format Specific Info per Institute

• 18 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

This is related to handling Unstructured payment (One payment for several supplier invoices of the same Supplier ). It'’s required to add credit notes to the same payment proposal. And in order to handle credit notes it's required to tick the check box " Allow Credit grouping for Non Sepa Payments". But system doesn't allow to have both options ( Unstructured payment and Allow Credit grouping for Non-Sepa Payments ) at once. Please advice on a method of handling credit notes with unstructured payments.

icon

Best answer by Eranda 22 August 2022, 21:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @HoiTharaS

Allow Credit Grouping for Non-Sepa Payment Checkbox is necessary when the user needs to create remittance information block with Structured information. If the user needs to create Unstructured remittance information, then checking the checkbox ‘Allow Credit Grouping for Non-Sepa Payment’ is not necessary.

Hope this clarifies your query. Please let me know should you have any concern.

Regards,

Lihini.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi 

Hi @HoiTharaS

Allow Credit Grouping for Non-Sepa Payment Checkbox is necessary when the user needs to create remittance information block with Structured information. If the user needs to create Unstructured remittance information, then checking the checkbox ‘Allow Credit Grouping for Non-Sepa Payment’ is not necessary.

Hope this clarifies your query. Please let me know should you have any concern.

Regards,

Lihini.

Thank you very much for the reply.  But my issue is it should be a unstructured payment and at the same time credit invoices for the same supplier also needs to be included to the same payment proposal. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@HoiTharaS 

According to ISO20022 standard, Credit invoice details are populated under structured payment information. So, you can group multiple credit invoices with a debit invoice if the total payment amount is greater than zero. This is a very common practice in Scandinavia specially in NO, SE and DK.

General logic is if a credit note is used, then minimum one Referred Document Information with invoice (CINV) must be present.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Eranda & Lihini, 

Thanks for the feedback. Please see the error msg related to above scenario. Error msg trigger when user try to create the payment order. 

I found same issue reported to IFS. Solution ID:262037. 

Thanks,

Sadeepa

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi Sadeepa,

the overall amount per identity (supplier) nevertheless needs to positive.

From a functional point of view - You are sending money to the supplier. If the amount is negative you basically ask the bank to transfer money from the supplier to you and that is not working.

I don’t think the solution is directly linked to your issue.

Hope that helps getting a better understanding here.

Kind regards

Alex