Solved

Is it possible to massively delete customer invoices

• 1 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hello everyone,

Another question about customer invoices!

I have migrated a thousand invoices with the external customer assistant. T

hey have been migrated and are now in preliminary status. Unfortunately, the client made mistakes on the invoices and I need to delete / cancel them. Is there a way to mass delete the customer ?

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 2 February 2023, 11:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It kind of depends on how far the process has progressed. The external invoice process initially loads the invoices, then it checks.   At any time up to that point it’s easily deleted via the delete or remove invoices.   

In a perfect world, (first migration attempts) you load the invoices and make sure the values are correct. You can also test the invoices to make sure the data passes IFS requirements. That data would be validated before you complete the flow.  We don’t always live in a perfect world. 

When the invoice is posted authorized -I’m pretty sure your past that point.  If this is TEST environment, then maybe just leave - as is, knowing this data needs to be better next time. You can if you would like, load another file but take amounts *-1, process all the way through, and then offset all in the two loads. This would then give the users an easier data set for reconciliation, as the net effects of the two invoices would be 0 and the invoices would be set as paid (would not show on AR reports.  You will need different invoice numbers (add a -1 for example), then load the corrected data again as a new load. 

What’s the state of the process, up to what step have you done?   What environment Like a test or PROD) Hopefully not PROD.  

You can see the external invoice folder and see the load, and the status. 

Best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

in your case, the invoices were created and in preliminary state. One by one you can cancel. Not seeing any way to cancel / delete a thousand in mass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
It is possible to use simple pl/sql script, like the one attched here. 

If you do not have acess to a script execution,  I think it is possible to create a migratiuon job in data migration tool which will cancel selected invoices