Question

Invoice Print before Delivery

• 4 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Dear IFS Community. 

I wondered if you could help. We have the scenario whereby we use the Shipment functionality to ship goods to the Customer. We often need to place the final invoice in the box. 

If we cannot generate the invoice until after the shipment has been “delivered” in IFS is there a way to print the invoice then do the delivery, or do you need to do the “deliver” of the shipment, then print and post the invoice, put it in the box, then actually dispatch the goods?

Apps9 UPD15. 

Many thanks, 

David.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @david.harmer ,

We also use the shipment module to reserve, pick and deliver product to our customers.

As far as I know you need to deliver the shipment before you can create and print the invoice.

You maybe able to automate the creation and printing of the invoice but we haven't attempted it.  We use batch invoice creation to generate invoices the next day the print them.

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +1

Why do you need to print the final invoice?  Can you use shipment pro forma invoice?  We use shipment too and we create a custom report called commercial invoice which is available on shipment screen and we can print the CI once the shipment is created and order lines are connected.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thanks both for your responses.

With regards to your suggestion @ceciliafu what happens with the invoice number generated on the Commercial Invoice, as I assume you have to have some sort of invoice number / reference, that wont match the invoice number that is generated by the Customer Order. Do you receive the cash against the account then match it to the “actual” invoice when its created?