Question

Invoice Customer field on Customer Order

• 27 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We are currently using the Invoice Customer field on the Misc Order Info tab of the Customer Order screen. This works great for creating the customer invoice. 

Here’s the field I’m talking about;

However we’ve ran into two main issues with it. When calculating customer credit, it is being calculated against the customer on the header and not the Invoice Customer and when calculating taxes, that’s happening at the line level against the delivery address. 

Is anyone else using this functionality and experienced these issues? Is there a way to force it to re-calculate taxes based on the invoice customer or for it to go against the invoice customer’s credit?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @SaraCrank,

with regard to the credit management topic, I suggest to apply a corporate credit relationship between your customer order customer and invoice customer. With this functionality you are able to control against which credit limit the checks will be made.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@BEKEDE - Are you referring to the parent/child relationship on the customer?

Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

@SaraCrank , yes on the customer under tab credit management.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@BEKEDE - I don’t believe that’s a viable options for us. We already have parent/child relationships setup for the customer on the order header. 

I’m going to create a new post that spells out our exact scenario, they may be a different way to handle it than the approach we’ve taken.