Solved

inventory part number on general ledger

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Has anyone had any luck with pulling the inventory part number with the GL voucher rows analysis data?

I want to see if there is a way that when I run the GL balance analysis or GL rows analysis it pulls in the inventory sales part number as well.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 16 March 2023, 17:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @SAAKAGUILAR 

MPCCOM_ACCOUNTING_ID is stored on GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW. You can join with MPCCOM_ACCOUNTING or INVENTORY_TRANSACTION_HIST views to achieve what you want

I created a sample quick report for you. Parameters are COMPANY, ACCOUNTING_YEAR and ACCOUNTING_PERIOD

You can extend the report based on your requirements

SELECT X.COMPANY,
X.ACCOUNTING_YEAR,
X.VOUCHER_TYPE,
X.VOUCHER_NO,
X.ACCOUNT,
X.DEBET_AMOUNT,
X.CREDIT_AMOUNT,
Y.CONTRACT,
Y.PART_NO,
IFSAPP.INVENTORY_PART_API.GET_DESCRIPTION(Y.CONTRACT,Y.PART_NO) DESCRIPTION
FROM IFSAPP.GEN_LED_VOUCHER_ROW X, IFSAPP.INVENTORY_TRANSACTION_HIST Y
WHERE X.COMPANY = '&COMPANY'
AND X.ACCOUNTING_YEAR = '&ACCOUNTING_YEAR'
AND X.ACCOUNTING_PERIOD = '&ACCOUNTING_PERIOD'
AND X.MPCCOM_ACCOUNTING_ID= Y.ACCOUNTING_ID

Hope this helps

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Just one more thing,

The voucher must not exist in summarize voucher window. This may cause lose of mpccom_accounting_id during GL update routine

Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The GL - Balance analysis / similar does not have a configuration that can bring in that type of detail - inventory part. Like @gumabs wrote - a very common process is to create a quick report, and was nice to add that to this posting.   

The idea is you could use this as a quick report - even add that to your IFS navigator. It would essentially run similar to the voucher rows analysis screen.  

Best regards