Solved

Intrastat Report for France 2022

• 17 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

Hi everyone,

I have 2 major issues concerning the Intrastat Report for France.

1. When collecting the Intrastat, no “Opponent Tax ID” gets retrieved even though the “Opponent Name” and “Opponent Number” do. I obviously checked and the TAX ID has been inserted in the Customers’ and Suppliers’ “Document Tax Information” Window.
  2. When exporting the Intrastat to a file (whatever the format), the Opponent Tax ID (inserted manually in the Intrastat window) gets retrieved on the document for the Export Intrastat, but not for the Import Intrastat whereas it is required from the French authorities to be present on both.

Could any of you help me solve this issue ?

Thank you very much in advance,

Thibaut.

icon

Best answer by Linda Loeffler 11 January 2023, 15:01

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Thibaut,

I hope you found answers to your questions already. If not, I'd like to contribute the following:

1. It is not enough to add the Tax ID to the Customer/Document Tax Information. The system will check the customer order line, or else the customer order header for the Tax ID. So, you have to make sure that the Tax ID gets fetched there as well before collecting Intrastat. 

2. According to the reporting obligations from the French authorities, Opponent Tax ID is only required for Export Intrastat. (Source: https://www.douane.gouv.fr/formalities-intra-community-trade)

French Intrastat reporting obligation levels

That is why this functionality has only been implemented for Export in French Intrastat (from APP 9 -UPD7&8, relevant bug IDs are 134708 and 135783).
(Note: This may vary from EU country to country, but there are other countries for which this is only required for Export, too.)

Regards, Linda

Badge +4

Hi Thibaut,

I hope you found answers to your questions already. If not, I'd like to contribute the following:

1. It is not enough to add the Tax ID to the Customer/Document Tax Information. The system will check the customer order line, or else the customer order header for the Tax ID. So, you have to make sure that the Tax ID gets fetched there as well before collecting Intrastat. 

2. According to the reporting obligations from the French authorities, Opponent Tax ID is only required for Export Intrastat. (Source: https://www.douane.gouv.fr/formalities-intra-community-trade)

French Intrastat reporting obligation levels

That is why this functionality has only been implemented for Export in French Intrastat (from APP 9 -UPD7&8, relevant bug IDs are 134708 and 135783).
(Note: This may vary from EU country to country, but there are other countries for which this is only required for Export, too.)

Regards, Linda

Thank you very much Linda, that does indeed help !