Question

Inter Company Send Invoice with Multiple Customers

• 1 February 2023
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi All,

We have setup intercompany invoices using EDI message setup. In my case there are two companies names as CMS and CMTH. And a customer created as CMTH and a supplier created as CMS.

Step 01 - Instant Invoice creates in CMS company for the CMTH customer and Send Invoice.

Step 02 - Application creates Manual Supplier Invoice for CMS supplier automatically. 

This part is working properly in the application.

I have another customer named as CMTH-F. I need to setup same intercompany transaction against the CMTH-F customer.

When an Instant Invoice creates in CMS company for the CMTH-F customer and Send Invoice, I need application to create Manual Supplier Invoice for CMS supplier automatically.

Is it possible in IFS application? Or the customer code always needs to match with company code?

If it is possible how the setup should be in Our ID at Customer area and Our ID at Supplier area? 

Regards,

MalinG.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi Malin,

To which company does CMTH-F belong?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Arend,

It is belong to CMS. Instant invoice creates in CMS company to CMTH-F customer. Then once send the invoice, Manual Supplier Invoice should be generated in CMTH company to CMS supplier. 

Regards,

MalinG

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Okay - so this is our setup, which works for us - but we sell and purchase via the Sites. (thus not using Instant Invoicing for this flow)

Lets say you have Company A & Company B

In Company A for have Customer X and Supplier X

In Company B we have Customer Y & Z and Supplier Y & Z

We use Association number to connect eachother.

Company A has association number A and Company B has B

Customer X has association number A, Customer Y has association number B, Customer Z has also association number B. (E.g they have the company association number assigned)

Supplier X has association number A_X, Supplier Y has association number B_Y, Supplier Z has association number B_Z.  (E.g they have the company association number + Supplier ID assigned)

Both Supplier & Customer are connected to the Site where purchasing is happening.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Arend,

When I create an instant invoice for CMTH-F customer in company CMS and send the invoice, in inbox messages it is rejected with below error.

Seems application searching a company named as CMTH-F. But there is no company as CMTH-F. The company is CMTH and I need to create manual supplier invoice in CMTH company against the CMS supplier.

Regards.,

MalinG

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

What is your settings on the Supplier, Invoice Tab - Message Defaults?

We there have the Media Code and Approval user connected (being different then IFSAPP)

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Below is the setting.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

If you have IFSAPP as Approval User, suggest to try with something else.

Also check if you have added user “*” (which is IFSAPP) as Invoice Posting Authorizer (with limit of 0) if this is set as Invoice Receipient.

Other then that, i won’t have better idea’s where this issue could come from.

Arend

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hello to the community, 

I need your help with an error message I get when i try to send instant invoice ​​​​​​

I did all the setup indicated on the intersite document : association number + internal customer and supplier + message setup + routing rule and address etc. I don’t know what I missed to get this message.

Can you please share some ideas on possible issues causing this error ? 

Thanks 

Tanya