Question

Instant Authorization

• 11 October 2022
  • 23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I will get this dialog in apps10 update 16, does anyone knows the solution for this, the same works in production with update 11 ? the invoice should be seen in the Instant Authorization window, if i click on okay IFS crashes and closing down the application.
The dialog say that the plugin for acrobat reader is missing.

23 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Also this cames up from another customer.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The customer use this version of Adobe

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi,

R&D has a case reported for this, G2356297 and are in the process of investigating. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We have the same problem, not for all but some users. This is the error message they receive and the invoice doesn’t show in IEE:

We have found that deactivating the Adobe PDF Reader Add-in in Internet Settings in Edge remove the error message, and the invoice is loaded as an attachement (not within IEE).

We are very interested in a solution to this problem - so are there any progress in case G2356297?

We are on Update16 - Apps10

Best regards

Irene

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

Case G2356297is investigated by FW. They have still not found any solution to it.

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Before update 16 we did not experience this error in the extent as we do after update 16. Also I have got information that IFS uses Internet Explorer when displaying the invoice image within IEE client. We have now standardized on Edge and Internet Explorer is not longer in use. Could there be any issues related to settings in Edge/IE? And after we installed Update16 we have more reports from users that they experience this problem than before when we had Update13 installed.  Have there been any framework changes that expose this error?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Irene, 

I am sorry but I cannot answer on this. I can just say that people are working hard to try to find the route cause for this issue and a possible solution. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Badge +1

Any news on this? We have the same issue...

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

Nothing new from what I know. You can follow solution ID 304601 for progress. 

Best regards, 

Linda

Badge

Hi, 

Best regards, 

Linda

Hi,

Is this the same problem as below?

Because i can’t find a solution for this problem and this looks the same.
Is there also any update on this topic?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi, 

Best regards, 

Linda

We also have a similar issue. How can we follow that Solution ID - or should we report as a Case to draw extra attention, but equally that would take IFS Resource away from looking at the problem?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi, 

Best regards, 

Linda

We also have a similar issue. How can we follow that Solution ID - or should we report as a Case to draw extra attention, but equally that would take IFS Resource away from looking at the problem?

We are also experiencing the same issue on Apps10 UPD18.

Error message (in Swedish)

PDF-insticksprogrammet i Acrobat saknas.

Installera om Adobe Acrobat eller Adobe Acrobat Reader för att korrigera problemet.

@lisvse Do you know if there is any update on the solution 304601?

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@LOVISATS The only think I know is that several people working hard to find the root cause for this issue. No solution yet, sorry!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@LOVISATS The only think I know is that several people working hard to find the root cause for this issue. No solution yet, sorry!

@lisvse thank you for the quick response!

I am planning to report this as a case towards the IFS Support and I will ask them to connect it towards the solution you mentioned.

Hi, there is bug 166294 in ‘Patched’ state.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi, 

Best regards, 

Linda

Hi,

Is this the same problem as below?

Because i can’t find a solution for this problem and this looks the same.
Is there also any update on this topic?

We had  users with the same error message as is in your screenshot.

We corrected the instant authorization pdf viewing issue by checking the users Adobe Security (Enhanced) settings for ‘Enable Protected Mode at startup’ .

This had been turned on (check marked) maybe by some background Adobe update.

Once we unchecked this setting the users were able to preview the pdf’s once again in the instant authorization screen.

Thanks

Alan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Any news on a solution from R&D about this? Unchecking Enable Protected Mode at startup is not working for this.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Patch 166294 is released with Upd 20. It should fix this issue. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

We have installed patch 166294 and it does not solve our issue. It solved a part of the issue where Adobe was crashing and reopening PDFs twice, but not the error of plug-in missing..

Is there any other patches related to this? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @lisvse and @Jan T ,

Do you have an update of this issue? We installed patch 166294 from the solution you mentioned and now we do not get the invoice loaded twice, but still get the error of plug-in missing and the preview section of the invoice is not loading. Do you know if there are any complementary bugs for this fix?

Regards,

Josefin

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

There is one supplementary bug to 166294:

166429 -  There is an issue when installing FIZ-201106 as single patch

and this 166429 have one supplementary:

166509 - Print to physical printer function does not work properly

The only thing I know is that it was a problem with first patch when installing it as a single patch. The second one I am not updated on at all. Only found it in LCS. 

Please contact support for more information around this.

Best regards, 

Linda

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you @lisvse 

We tried with support but cannot seam to get an answer from them, hence I turned to you here. I’ll pass the information forward and we’ll hopefully get some movement on the ticket. Thank you!

Regards,

Josefin

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I solved it, but unfortunately I am not sure how.

What I can say I did is I ran a repair of Acrobat Reader

And then I updated to the latest version (I am not sure if this was a part of the repair).

The current version of Acrobat Reader is now 2023.006.20320

I also ticked a tick-box for showing Thumbnails, but now I can’t find that tick-box again, so I am not able to take a screendump for you.

And now, when I log on to IFS Applications again, I see the invoice image in the window Instant Authorization.

/Jonas