Question

Incorrect Accounting

• 17 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello IFS Community,

I have an error that says incorrect accounting, when I RMB on the line and go to Rental Transactions. It is blank. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

5 replies

Badge +2

Are you set up as a User for Site REHAB ? 

Badge +1

Yes, I am.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Jocelyn Leano,

The screenshot only shows the M217 (cost) postings. Do you have corresponding M218 postings for each line?

To check this you can search on the Accounting ID, e.g. 244080 as per the first line in the screen. The values on the M218 posting should mirror M217, so if it doesn’t for some reason you would likely get this type of error.

Another option to try to identify the corresponding Rental Transaction is to run an advanced query. To do this open the Rental Transactions screen and open the Search dialog (F3), then click the ‘Advanced’ button at the bottom right corner. Then click the SQL tab and enter “ACCOUNTING_ID ='244080'” in the SQL where expression box and hit Search:

This should show you the Rental Transaction and you can then check if you can spot anything wrong with it.
​​​​​​
Kind regards,
Johan

Badge +1

Hi Johan,

There’s no corresponding M218 line. I tried the advanced SQL query, it returns back no data found.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi @Jocelyn Leano ,

OK, thanks for the info. Considering this it sounds like the data has potentially been corrupted somehow, so probably best to report it as a support issue so it can be investigated in more detail.

Kind regards,
Johan