Question

Import PDF and attach to a supplier invoice

• 29 October 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi,

I am looking for the best approach for the below requirement.

Requirement : We are receiving a csv file with all the external supplier invoice details along with PDF file name which should be attached to the created invoice.

we are reading the csv file from SFTP and processing the same in invoice. this process creating the invoice successfully.

The PDFs also stored in same SFTP location but using oracle util functionalities we are not able to import the PDF doc from SFTP.

Please suggest.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Praveen, our Novacura Flow platform contains both SFTP and IFS App10 connectors. This would enable you to pull the file from SFTP and upload it into IFS with a simple workflow. Whether this is the best approach I cannot determine, but I am positive this would work fine.

/Roel

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi, 

Are you using the External file utility to create the Invoice “ ExtSuppInv ”? 

The Better Approach is to Give a Path along with the file name in the “IMAGE_FILE_NAME” column. 

System will Uplaod the file to Invoice. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

We have developed a successful integration where CSV and PDF file read into IFS and processed with PL/SQL Methods (ifs.com)

With PLSQL method routing address, your input to the PLSQL function is the CLOB which contains the input (xml, csv, pdf or any other input file)

Long story short, we needed to create part records in IFS from the input csv file, checkin input pdf to IFS docman and link to the part.

pdf files are names with the part no, so we could easily found which part it should attached to.

Hope it helps and good luck with your development!
Damith

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

My experience is similar to LPREDDY

Usually I would have a file like the following that contains the path and image name. 

File Sup INV NO Date Cur VAT AMT PO INV REC REF
\\thpeXYZ\eInvoice - ReadSoft\0617Files\h1.TIF 20018 TEST 6 2/1/2018 USD 0 300 91000112 78 REF4
Provided IFS can access that file, IFS will load the file in doc man, and attach the file to the supplier invoice created in IFS.