Solved

IFS Report Designer and strMid with strScan

• 18 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 1 reply

Trying to remove the start of a column on a report but the beginning is variable length so I want to remove up to the first space found and I tried this vldtstr:strMid(tns:INVOICE_NO_PP_ID,vldstr:strScan(tns:INVOICE_NO_PP_ID,' ')+1,20) but i get an error - GENREPORTIO:Could not generate report:”TRANS_CONF_ERROR:Failed transforming report data: ‘Syntax error in ‘format:formatDateTime($date_2754,’MM/dd/yyyy’,’vldtstr:strMid(tns:INVOICE_NO_PP_ID,vldstr:strScan(tns:INVOICE_NO_PP_ID,' ')+1,20)’)’.”  Of course there is nothing in the column about formatDateTime so not sure where that came from - looked for missing apostrophe but nothing. I also used this in a column by itself and it works fine - vldstr:strScan(tns:INVOICE_NO_PP_ID,' ')+1 to return the position of the space.

icon

Best answer by Seth 19 October 2023, 21:11

View original

1 reply

Badge +1

Found the issue - the cell was defined with a Date Format so you had right click on the cell go to Formats and Remove formats - it was never a date so i would never have added a date format to it, not sure how that happened