Solved

IFS Business reporter - filter based on invoice date from-to

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Dear IFS experts,

I hope I can find answer here. I have created a report based on data source “Tax Ledger Transactions”. Right now the report is designed that there are mandatory filters for company, year and accounting period. End user wants to extend it to have not mandatory filter for invoice date where you can filter between exact days.

I have created two report book/parameters InvoiceDateFrom & InvoiceDateTo with the same item FACT_TAX_LEDGER_ITEM.INVOICE_DATE.

And in design row/filter criteria I expected to add two filters

FACT_TAX_LEDGER_ITEM.INVOICE_DATE >= &InvoiceDateFrom

FACT_TAX_LEDGER_ITEM.INVOICE_DATE <= &InvoiceDateTo

This is unfortunately not possible because when I add first parameter InvoiceDateFrom I am not able to add InvoiceDateTo. The possibility to add is greyed. (You can see picture with visual explanation)

Thank you for your feedback.

Pavel

icon

Best answer by MiLeNL 27 October 2022, 10:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Think you need to use the BETWEEN operator. It will allow you to select both values. Not completely sure though… 

Badge +1

That was a good hint. It is working for me. Thank you.

But another issue has appeared. When you keep parameter Invoice From/Invoice To Blank report is generated empty. To insert % doesn’t work because it expect format M/D/YYYY. Field is marked as not mandatory.

Any idea how to manage it or everytime will be necessary to fill exact days?

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Basically you need to give in dates every time. Depending on which scenario happens more often you can choose a default such as

• 1-1-1900 to 1-1-2100 to always fetch everything. A user needs to give in specific dates if he wishes to narrow down the search
  • Use CSV #START_OF_THIS_YEAR# till #END_OF_THIS_MONTH# for example.

Note that narrowing the data you are trying to fetch, will make your report faster.  Hence i would advise in using a CSV.

Badge +1

Perfect tips. Thank you so much.