Solved

IFS 7.5 questions

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We are using IFS 7.5, I know it’s a little old.  Anyways, I have a couple questions.

1.  Sometimes I need to enter/voucher invoices without a PO so I enter everything manually such as the account and cost center.  I have noticed that sometimes when we pass the plan pay date the payment does not go out.  It kind of seems like it gets stuck in the middle between me vouchering an invoice and payment being made.  Can anyone answer why this happens?  When I pull up the entry and I want to cancel the entry and re-enter it I get an error saying that the “invoice is used in payment order” which leads to my second question.

2. Is there an option on the payments side that can push the invoice payments through.  As of right now the only way I can try and fix this is by someone on the payments side going into the system and searching for the supplier ID that didn’t pay out and cancel the payment.  Then on the invoice entry side I can cancel the invoice and re-enter it and hope that payment goes through.
icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 28 April 2021, 17:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

I am not sure if I understand your problem correctly. How the payment process you use look like? It seems you expect some payment automation here.

Error message presented by you means that payment in progress exists for this invoice (payment order) not yet accounted.

You can find them there:

Payment order and payments made against invoice should be cancelled before you can cancel the invoice, but why do you want to cancel invoice if it is correct? You can modify installment plan only to ament planned payment date.

Badge +2

Hi Adam and thank you for your reply.  To start, my organization has different roles so I do not have any access to the payment portion, just the entering of the invoices.  Let me see if I can make this more clear, it is a little confusing.

For example, I had a bunch of invoices that paid out on 4/27.  For some reason a couple of the invoices did not pay with the others.  These are all the same form of payment which is check.  The only way I was told that I can fix it is if I pull up the entry and cancel the invoice so I can reenter it.  The problem is when I cancel the invoice I get the error “invoice is used in payment order”.  If there is an easier way I would love to know what that is.  Is there something that I can do without having to cancel and re-enter or is there something that can be done on our payments side?  

I hope this makes a little more sense.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OK, it is a little bit more clear now.

Unfortunately I am not very familiar with details of check payment process, but I think that in your case either check was not printed correctly and check payment has not been created, so payment order is hanging.

I suspect ball is on payments team side now, to identify what happened and either cancel the payment order, or create cash payment and then void/spoil/cash check created. Once order is cancelled, invoice will be included in next payment campaign (proposal) and should be paid then.

I would never recommend to cancel and create invoice just to repeat payment process. 

Badge +2

Thank you, Adam.  This makes complete sense.  I always thought I was doing to much when cancelling invoices just to re-enter.  I’m going to get with payments about cancelling the order and see if it goes out with the next proposal.